The effect of one man, Jesus. The effect of his word, the effect of his love, transforms us all. He heals, restores, inspires and touches all of us, and this, in turn ripples through our lives, to our families, our friends, our communities, and our country. The effect of this one man creates effective People! HERE THEY ARE!

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Love's Identity Crisis

"[Love] always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." 1 Corinthians 13:7


Do you know that the Sanskrit language has 96 words for love? The ancient Persian language has 80 words, the Greek language has four, and English, one!

It is no wonder our culture has this whole “love” thing mixed up. Posted all over the headlines are stories of actors, actresses, athletes and singers falling in and out of love, week after week.With only one word to describe love Americans are confused. Relationships fail as people simply “fall out of love.” Many report not “feeling” the same way as they once did. Their passion runs dry.
As I look back on my relationship with God I cannot help but reflect on the times I have been unlovable. Yet through those times God chooses to love me and stick with me, encouraging me through my good days and my bad days. True love is to love others when they are unlovable, to persevere no matter what you may be feeling toward them. Kids and husbands included.

God calls us to display His love to others. Put your own feelings aside and persevere with somebody. Show them the same love that God has shown to you.
Love is a decision. God’s dream for you is that you would choose to love!

Julie Clinton, MA

Prayer


Dear Lord, in gratefulness for Your love to me, help me to love others more deeply, more consistently, more unselfishly. Let Your love shine through me in every aspect of my life. Amen.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment