The effect of one man, Jesus. The effect of his word, the effect of his love, transforms us all. He heals, restores, inspires and touches all of us, and this, in turn ripples through our lives, to our families, our friends, our communities, and our country. The effect of this one man creates effective People! HERE THEY ARE!

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Giving Thanks!

For those of you who do not live in Orange County, CA. all that I can say is I am so sorry! The day could not have been more beautiful!

We had a memorial service last night for Matthew Pack. I am not prepared to comment on it, because I'm feeling a little weepy right now. I've been holding back the tears and they are just there..at the edge...I'll have my time, alone, to cry..but not yet. I am still in denial, that he will not be here with us, just so thankful that he was here with us, even for a little while. More later...

This morning our praise and worship was beyond real...so angelic..Thank you Lord..it just took me away..and so many others too. We were there at your feet and feeling your presence so strongly today. Your Spirit is strong and covered us all...and I still feel you with me so strongly. You envelope us with your love and warmth and how can we ever feel less than grateful and blessed?

Thank you my husband, Pastor Dave for your message. I love how God takes all of the moments of your week and prepares you to make a relevant and moving message for us all. Today..Dorothy and the Wizard of Oz transported is visually to show us how we all have a journey..a walk to walk.. here on earth. We all need to do this to grow..to find God and who God wants us to be...if we do not move, we do not meet the people along the way that God intends for us to meet..He places them on our path to make a difference in our lives.. we are never the same. I love how God uses you Dave! 

Please..if you did not make it to church today....watch for Dave's message on our website..coming very soon!

And, now..I leave you with this.. also from church today.

So live your life that fear of death can never enter your heart.

Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life.
Seek to make your life long and of service to your people.

Show respect to all people, but grovel to none.
When you arise in the morning give thanks for the light,
for your life, for your strength.
Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living.
If you see no reason for giving thanks,
the fault lies only in yourself.

When it comes your time to die, be not like those
whose hearts are filled with the fear of death,
so that when their time comes they weep and pray
for a little more time to live their lives over again
in a different way.

Sing your death song and die like a hero going home.

Shawnee History ~ The Teaching of Tecumseh

God Bless you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment